Follow AAshleySEG on Twitter

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SIFF Fall 2011ou

Hi everyone! I am in the beginning stages of planning for my new film which will be premiering at The Sims International Film Festival Fall 2011 Showing. I decided that I might try and tell everyone how I am making the movie this time around. I am going to do my best to keep up with this. I get sidetracked a lot of the time and sometimes forget to do things I say I am going to do. So for right now I am going to try! ;) At the moment I am getting together custom content for the movie and keeping track of EVERYTHING I download for the credit roll. This is very important for me because 9 times out of 10 I see something in a machinima and I wish I new where it came from. So with mine, I will now be showing and telling where each individual item came from and who made it! That way if you see something in my film that you like, you are free to go and get it yourself! I have also already written the draft script outline so I know the entire premise of the film as well as the "first act" scene by scene for shooting. For keeping track of everything I use Microsoft Office One Note, it keeps everything very organized for me with the use of folders, notebooks, and pages, without using all of that paper, and its easily accessible! I don't have to worry about where I put that piece of paper with whatever written on it. Another good things about One Note is that it saves everything automatically! You never have to push the save button and you can store photos videos and a multitude of other things to keep you organized throughout your entire movie making process! This time around I am doing everything in a very specific order. Set design, characters, story, and all aspects of this film will be laid out BEFORE I start filming anything. On the next blog I am going to go in depth about how I set up the game for the filming process, as well as let you know what type of processor and memory I have so you can see if your computer will allow you to do what I am doing. We will go into shooting HD and what programs I use for video editing and Film poster making! I look forward to you coming back and reading, and if you have any questions throughout this please please let me know and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability! See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment